New year, new blog.
Welcome to this new and (hopefully) improved version of ‘the slow life’. Still a bit of a work in progress, but we’ll get there.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano.
I don’t really do new year’s resolutions, but I do like to think about my intentions for these brand new 365 days to come, and my projects.
- Slow down: how surprising that this should be my first goal? Maybe not so much, considering the name of my blog. As I’ve mentioned in my previous article, there is a change of pace and scenery in sight for us. We are moving to a more rural place in a few weeks, in a different state (more on this soon), and I can’t wait to experience what the country life has to offer.
- Finding my path: a ambitious intention, no doubt about that. As I’m about to enter the 30-something club, and to start a new chapter of my professional life, here is to hoping I can find balance and happiness in the big bad world of business.
Follow @zerowaste_lifestyle on Instagram for more zero waste content and tips.
- Go zero: although making less waste has been something I have been working towards more and more in the past two years, I intend to take my zero waste journey much, much further in 2018. There is so much I want to experiment and so many changes to make. I am really excited about this, and would love to integrate zero waste to my professional life somehow. I have started a new Instagram account dedicated to zero waste, if you would like to follow me, click here or follow @zerowaste_lifestyle in the app. I have also created a new menu in the blog with all my zero waste articles, and intend to add more resources as I go.
Excitement levels: 10/10.
- Travel more: living on the other side of the world from my home country for the past 6 years has meant that most of my holidays and travel budget were spent on going home, once, sometimes twice a year if I was lucky. I haven’t had a chance to travel as much as I would have wanted and I intend to make this right! 2018 has a lot of travel plans in store: a 3,000 km road trip on the East Coast of Australia, a summer in Europe, and a trip to Bali with my family.
- Go green: I have lived in the city my whole life, and I have never had a garden of my own. Learning the ropes of gardening and growing my own food is something I aspire to. I also want to know more about permaculture and am hoping to go to a workshop or visit a permaculture farm.
- Share more: sharing my passions (for yoga, zero waste, conscious living, and more) with likeminded people is something I intend to do more of in 2018, because I strongly believe in the power of communities. Friendships and building relationships are especially important when you are far away from family and long time friends, like I am, and moving to a new place. I would also love to introduce people to new horizons by teaching yoga to complete beginners.
- Learn more: about everything that I am passionate about, which will probably lead me to gaining an interest in new topics, and wanting to learn more about them, etc. Dipping my toes in the science of yoga last year made me realise just how little I actually knew, and how much more to learn there was. I am more motivated than ever to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can.
What are your intentions for 2018 friends?